Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Carnival Breeze Vacation Day 7 Part 2

Since I had so much to write about Aruba I did put it into two posts.
The other half of our group went on a private tour of this island. I decided to use this group as guinea pigs and try a new company called :Tours by Locals". I am always a little nervous when using a new vendor I haven't used before but I can now highly recommend this vendor for my clients.
Francis was our guide and she was fabulous! We were actually the first customers to use Aruba's new electric bus. Think about it - one bus for 10 people- we had so much space and because it was a bus getting on and off was so easy.

Our first spot was the Aloe factory where we treated sun burnt knees with soothing freshly cut aloe. These products are amazing and what a great way to support the local economy. Aruba manufactures their own sunscreen and after sun lotion and I can vouch for it being the best I've ever used.

After that it was off to the California Lighthouse
There is so much to see and do on this island We visited Rock formations, saw Indian drawings and learnt so much about this island. I have spent over 2 weeks in Aruba and learnt so much from Francis in one day that I did staying in a hotel and exploring on my own. To be able to be in a small group with a knowledgeable guide who actually lives in the area we were visiting was a great experience and I cannot wait to go back to Aruba and see Francis and also to use Tours by Locals in other countries

No comments:

Post a Comment